I’ve had less time to work on Iron Blogger 2 than I’d like,
especially given how out of date this page is (September 1st?
really?) I hope to spend more time on it in the coming week – I’m off work until the Monday after New Year’s.
Here’s where it is right now: You can import bloggers from the format used by the old software, you can pull in new posts, and there’s a planet-like page where you can view the aggregated blogs. Here’s my current roadmap:
- Unit tests - particularly regarding input sanitization. Up until now I’ve been lazy about automated testing, but codebase is small enough that I should be able to fix that quickly.
- Actual ledger functionality. Should be able to record debts for missed posts, as well as what has been paid. The debts can be computed automatically based on presence/absence of posts with the right publication dates.
- Feed version of the aggregation page.
- Administrator tools:
- Add/remove users/blogs more easily.
- Forgive debts/backdate posts?
Once I’ve got (1) ready, I may put up a test deployment somewhere; it won’t be ready for us to switch to yet, but we can start playing with it.
The pages are fairly spartan right now – if someone who knows a bit about graphic design wants to help out with the templates/css, please let me know.