Thus far I’ve been keeping up with my most recent commitment for Iron Blogger development. This week’s post is just a brief update of what’s been going on:
- Last week, I resolved #56: Users changing publication dates for existing posts causes a constraint violation.
- This week, I fixed #31: Fetching posts and assigning them to rounds should be atomic
Both of these were trivial, but they’d been sitting for months. This is what a semi-maintained project looks like, and I aim to continue to improve on that in the future.
I also noticed that the commit which adds the periodic job that’s been sending out reminder emails never wound up in the public git repo. I’m not sure what happened, but it’s up there now, and I did an audit of the code running on the live instance to verify that this hadn’t happened with anything else.
There’s of course plenty more to do; I’ll keep you in the loop.