Tempest highlights for this month:
- I added a UI for installing apps, and it works (with some bugs, but nothing blocking).
- I added a command
tempest-app-userwhich can be used to create users with “user” and “admin” roles from the command line. Between this and the above, it’s now possible to use Tempest without importing data from Sandstorm!
- I’ve implemented HTTPS support. There is some preliminary work towards automatically obtaining certs via ACME/Let’s Encrypt, though that part is not yet usable.
- I implemented the HTTP filtering logic for some WebDAV methods. This is enough to get Davros working, though there are still a couple more methods to implement.
- I fixed some bugs & added a bunch of documentation to the go-tea library I’m using to build the UI.
I’m somewhat excited about the ACME library I’ve selected, mainly because it supports a comical number of dns providers, whereas the set Sandstorm supports is much smaller.
I’m also very excited about having hit an important milestone: Tempest is now feature-complete enough to actually deploy! You still wouldn’t want to use it over Sandstorm, but it has enough functionality to deploy it on a real server and use it to run some apps.